Membership in the Photographers of Sussex County is open to all photography enthusiasts, from novices to professional photographers. Club members participate in meetings and occasional field trips. Meetings feature diversified programs, assignments, talks by experts, workshops, critiques and a yearly competition.
Please feel free to join us for a couple of meetings to decide if you want to join the group. The dues are $30 per person for the season.
Meetings are held the third Monday of every month at from September through June at 7:30 PM in the administration building at the Sussex County fair grounds, Plains Road, Augusta, New Jersey.
2016 State Fair - Photography
Sussex County Fair Committee /Photography
Greetings, Everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Now that the camera clubs are closing down with the yearly competitions and picnics, it is time for us to start thinking of the photo exhibit for the Sussex County Fair. Our first meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 22 at 7:00 PM
) by June 20
or update your info at the meeting so that we can keep our recorders current.
I have listed the “Dates to Remember”. PLEASE mark them on your calendars or hang this on your fridge, and come help us when you can!
For those of you who have an email address, you will receive minutes from the first meeting via email. If you cannot attend, but would like to be a part of the volunteers in some way, please feel free to contact me, or just show up to one of the events listed below. We are in need of many hands and smiles this summer to help us along! Again, thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance. If you have any questions, please call me, Eileen Stemley , 201-914-9739 or Ron Stagnari , 973-786-6052Photography in Sussex County Dates to Remember:
- Our First Meeting: Wednesday, June 22 at 7:00pm at the Administration Building, Fair Grounds in the large conference room.
- Photo entry drop off dates Photos entries can be dropped off at Photographs in Sparta or Art and Heritage Council in Newton on or before Saturday, July 22. Photos can be dropped off at the fair grounds on Saturday, July 23 or Sunday, July 24 from 10am-2pm in the main conference room. Volunteer(s) will be needed to pick up prints from Garry at Photographs in Sparta and will drop them at the fairgrounds admin building on Monday, July 25. Volunteers will also be needed to process the entries at the fairground on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24.
- July 26 and July 27: 9 am - 1 pm Print Processing (4 - 5 volunteers needed)
- Panel Set Up Day: Saturday, July 30th at 2:00 pm, and Sunday, July 31. It gets hot...dress comfortably!
- August 1: 5pm until finished Judging of all entries (12 volunteers needed)
- August 3: 10am Hang all photos (Lots of volunteers needed. If you are available, come. Bring a step stool.)
Anyone who wishes to sell items in our Little Gallery must contact Ron for inventory forms by August 1, and must bring their work to be placed in the canvas bins on the morning of August 3. (If you can’t make it then, please make other arrangements to have someone drop off your work at this time.)Opening Reception for Art & Photography Shows: Thursday, August 4 from 7:00 pm—9:00 pm
We will photograph our Ribbon Winners at 6:45, just prior to the show. These photos will appear in The New Jersey Herald and The Township Journal papersFair Dates: Friday, August 5—Sunday August 14
(We will need "host/hostess" [formerly known as sitters] during the fair for 4 hour blocks. Please sign up.) Sunday, August 14 at 5 pm:
The Exhibit comes down. ( We'll need lots of volunteers to help us! It gets hot, dress comfortably! We will need at least 3 people to hand out and mark off picked up entries.)
All host/hostess volunteers during the fair will receive a daily pass for the day that they volunteer.
Please be sure to sign the volunteer "host/hostess" sheet so that we can get the passes for you.
Anyone volunteering 16 or more hours will receive a photo badge instead of a daily pass, and may need a photo taken for their badge at the Administration office during photo-taking times. Photos are presently scheduled for Thursday, June 16 from 9-11am; Monday , June 20 , again in the morning. There is usually an evening time. You might want to call ahead to make sure that the dates and times are still valid. (973-948-5500) .
Any student needing verification of Community Service may request a letter with a total of hours donated after the show.
On behalf of the Committee (Alice, Joan, Pam, Larry, Trevor, Roger, Eileen and Ron ), we thank each and every one of your for your time, dedication, ideas and assistance in all you do to make this exhibit something to be proud of. We look forward to seeing you on June 22
Ron Stagnari (Director)
. Please include your name, which activity you wish to help with (judging, wall set up, photo hanging, gallery sitting) and an email address where you can be reached.